Saturday, December 4, 2010

G'waabaamin Poncho

 My brother Poncho is now gone. He was sent off by his family and friends.  A one day wake was had. He wanted the Fire to be at his house. My brother is a man that will be missed. He was easy to make friends for sure. A guy that liked to work. I will miss him that is for sure. His daughter Shirley came on the bus from Calgary. I hope she will have a quiet and safe trip home. She is gone back today.


My uncles Robert and Herman are pictured together.




Uncle Harold with cousins Barry and Lawrence.






 Cousin Chipper. Poncho's God son.


COURCHENE, Russell Michael (Pancho) - September 10, 1949 -November 30, 2010 On November 30th, 2010 surrounded by his family Pancho Courchene peacefully passed away. He leaves to cherish his memory his beloved wife Jeannie, children Rick (Christina), Carmen (Mike S), Mike (Maya), Cara (Lionel ?Duke?), Crystal and Shirley, numerous grandchildren, his father Henry, and siblings Leonard (Isabel), Carol, Donald, Howard (Valerie), Steve (Susan), Jean, Sally (Daniel), Brenda (Alvin) and Lorraine, brothers and sisters in law, as well as numerous aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. Pancho was predeceased by his mother Mildred Courchene, brother Luke, sister Jean and nephews Donovan and Evan. Wake services will begin at 11:00 am on Thursday, December 2, 2010 at the St. Alexander Roman Catholic Church in Sagkeeng First Nation. Funeral service will follow on Friday, December 3 at 1:00pm also at the St. Alexander Roman Catholic Church in Sagkeeng. Pallbearers will be Rick Simard, Mike Courchene, Lionel Guimond, Howard Swampy, Wayne Courchene and Norbert Bruyere. Honourary Pallbearers will be his Godchildren Amber Simard and Barry ?Chipper? Courchene.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I ran into your blog by way of surfing. Am so sorry for the loss of your brother, and your son. I did not really know your brother, but had seen him around. I ran into you once in Wpg with your son, you were so happy with him. I am originally from SFN. I loved & cried reading your blog, took me almost all this day. I pray that you will find your peace. When I suffered from panic attacks and depression all I could do was hang on to was this verse...Psalm 34:4
    I sought the LORD, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears. Take care dear Steve Julian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comments. Grief is a hard thing and a funny thing. We all grieve in different ways. I have been sleeping lots. I did get a chance to visit with relatives and that was good. take care Joanne.

    ReplyDelete

Knowledge Keeper and Knowledge Giver

There are many beautiful things in the world. Of those beautiful things are youth. How beautiful everything and everyone is when they are yo...