Friday, June 10, 2011

Wisdom: of the Seven Teachings.

I admit I don't know the Seven Teachings. I mean I can memorize them and the descriptions of what they are and who carries what and that sort of thing, but "I don't know them". The Teachings may be part of the Little Boy Teachings and I don't know enough to really know.

I wrote about Humility in an early blog post. In that post I joked around about being great and being good at being humble. I really don't know how to walk with that Teaching. As well as the other Seven Teachings. Really I don't know where these Teachings come from. I just know that they are everywhere now. Like many people I get schooled in Teachings by many different people. This Teachings I get schooled in are all different. Sometimes they relate to the popular Seven Teachings and many are different kinds of Teachings. Sometimes I am schooled by a little child and sometimes it is an authority figure and sometimes it is just some schmo that I don't think much of. If you think about it Teachings are Experiences. We are shown them, but it is what we do with them, that is the trick.

Take Wisdom for instance. I am not sure how to use that Teaching or how it is schooled to us. I want to think that some day I will have Wisdom, but not sure when that will come. Is there an age when you are suppose to be a holder of Wisdom? I don't know. How is Wisdom a Teaching? I wonder.

In the meantime I am searching for some answers to that Teaching. "The wise know their limitations; the foolish do not." — Benjamin Hoff (The Tao of Pooh)

Until I find out how that Teaching of Wisdom is to be carried I will try to get that Teaching from the Wisdom of others.

"In the story of Ugly Duckling, when did the Ugly Duckling stop feeling Ugly? When he realized that he was a Swan. Each of us has something Special, a swan of some sort, hidden inside somewhere. But until we recognize that it's there, what can we do but splash around, treading water? The Wise are Who They Are. They work with what they've got and do what they can do."
— Benjamin Hoff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Knowledge Keeper and Knowledge Giver

There are many beautiful things in the world. Of those beautiful things are youth. How beautiful everything and everyone is when they are yo...